Reminder Emails

Hi there
I used to get reminders letting me know you would be taking my direct debit in a few days and I used this to remind me to send a meter reading. This has stopped and sadly I’ve not submitted my meter readings in time. Pls can I get the reminders back?
Thanks

Same here! I’d like mine back, too.

Same for me too!

I asked a few months ago to receive reminders for meter readings and Bulb assured me I would receive them. I’ve just had an email with another estimated reading and I feel so annoyed. What is the issue? Surely Bulb can configure something within our accounts where by we can set a preference to receive reminders in the run up to meter readings being due? If this doesn’t change I’m seriously considering shopping around for another provider.

Surely Bulb can configure something within our accounts where by we can set a preference to receive reminders in the run up to meter readings being due? If this doesn’t change I’m seriously considering shopping around for another provider.

Surely you can just use a calendar and set a reminder for the meter reading date? It’s the same date each month.

Seems odd to want to move to a most likely more expensive supplier just because you’re being treated like a responsible adult rather than being nannied.

Fair point, but I’m not at home me very often as I care for parents and work, etc, so email works best for me as I can check it often. Life is stressful enough. Reminders would be a godsend.

I am receiving my email reminders. There’s a section on the app which you can toggle between yes or no where it asks if you want to receive them. have you checked your settings?