Removing Gas Supply

I currently have both an electricity and gas supplied by Bulb into my home. We have got rid of our GCH a few months back and the gas oven & hob have just been removed today. The gas supply is getting capped off to our property. In short we no longer require gas but only an electricity supply from now on. How do I go about changing this? Also is there any costs associated with this?

Also I can’t currently get a smart meter because my gas meter is in the ground and so doesn’t meet the criteria for installation (electric meter does fit the criteria). Will my account be updated accordingly so I can get a smart meter fitted for my electricity?

I think this is a question for your DNO for gas.