Renovation and gas meter

I am renovating a house and I want to move my meter from one side of the wall to the other side which is outside. I have spoken to bulb today and they said £120. Is this correct ? Also will they upgrade the gas meter as it looks very old. Could someone clarify please as I have read on here if it goes from inside to outside it’s more than the £120 they have quoted.

I am renovating a house and I want to move my meter from one side of the wall to the other side which is outside. I have spoken to bulb today and they said £120. Is this correct ? Also will they upgrade the gas meter as it looks very old. Could someone clarify please as I have read on here if it goes from inside to outside it’s more than the £120 they have quoted.

This article Getting your meter moved – Bulb may possibly answer your query, if not only Bulb can give a definitive answer.

They have quoted me £120 and this still doesn’t clarify as it’s the same wall but it’s just going from inside to outside.

They have quoted me £120 and this still doesn’t clarify as it’s the same wall but it’s just going from inside to outside.

If you haven’t done so already you need to give specific information of your requirements to Bulb by email so that there will be no doubt of the work involved.

I would think from the article which I provided the link that Bulb think you are moving the meter less than 1 meter on the same wall’ hence the £120 cost. If it on a different wall (I’m guessing moving from an inner to an outer wall is considered two different walls) then more work is required and possibly the £120 is not valid.

Regardless of any assumptions I make, only Bulb will be able to give a valid quote if you provide all the necessary information?

Yes I already have and that’s what they provided me and said they would ring me back. Thanks anyway.

Allanr…

possibly the £1120 is not valid.

possibly the £1120 is not valid.

And possibly neither is £120 valid. Well spotted.