It’ll be nice if there was an ‘Advanced Users’ section of the Bulb website (ideally not secured/i.e. open to all) which has things such as ‘Historical prices’ allowing people to enter a date and a region/postcode and be shown the appropriate standing changes/rates for that region/postcode for that date (and the date ranges those prices applied to). If the postcode spans multiple supply areas, the multiple rates are shown (if we could also search by ‘outward’ postcode only - i.e. the first half - it’ll be brilliant). A toggle for ‘VAT inclusive/exclusive’ would be cool too - along with linkable URLS for results.
This would be handy for comparison purposes (if you were on Bulb during these dates, these are the rates you would have paid) and when people have queries about their bill - the more ‘advanced users’ could then ask just for their supply region or first half of their postcode and be able to lookup the appropriate rates and reply ‘Ah - yesterday your gas rate was XXp per kWH, today is kWH - that’s a saving of xx% …’ etc).
Hi @RichyB , thanks for the suggestions, I’ve passed them on to the tech team here We know our members are keen to check their rates, particularly with a variable tariff, so if you ever wanted this information we would be able to provide it. At the moment you’d have to get in touch with us directly, but our aim is to make it easy to do everything yourself. You’ve raised a good point about a VAT toggle and we can see from some of the other posts here that it might make things simpler, which is always our aim
What’s an “Advanced User”?
HI @beezer0418 ,
Basically I meant it more than ‘95%+ of customers won’t need it’, but for the remaining 5% who want to look up previous prices for comparison purposes/check their own records/ensure people are interpreting their bill correctly (which can be a problem with VAT issues) it would be helpful. It’ll enable the ‘helping people’ on this forum to provide the correct information to question askers in a prompt manner: instead of having to pass answering the question or be vague about things like that.
Personally, I quite like Bulb and know that providing customer service can be expensive, but the more tools available for customers to help themselves (or fellow customers to help them) means they can keep costs low for everybody - but those tools will only be used by a small number of people. Other such ‘tools’ could be rough dates of SMETS2 planned rollouts per area: again, most people wouldn’t be that interested in a ‘comprehensive list’ (only roughly when they personally will get a rolllout), but for people who didn’t get the email/forgot etc, it’ll be handy to be able to lookup etc.
This is a great suggestion.
This would be handy for comparison purposes (if you were on Bulb during these dates, these are the rates you would have paid) and when people have queries about their bill - the more 'advanced users' could then ask just for their supply region or first half of their postcode and be able to lookup the appropriate rates and reply 'Ah - yesterday your gas rate was XXp per kWH, today is kWH - that's a saving of xx% ...' etc).
I agree with the implication of the question from @beezer0418 that 'Advanced' may not be quite the right description for this, only because it makes it sound as though the information is complicated or needs special skills to access. Perhaps this could be a section in the Community page, which is quite empty at the moment? As a general principle, the more data we can have the better and as the number of subscribers grows then this could also provide a saving on support costs.