Rewards

I signed up for bulb when the refer offer was £100, however I can’t see this credited anywhere?

Yes it’s the same issue for me, and also I just had £103 paid from my bank account to Bulb today as a first monthly payment. However, I’d thought my account would be in credit as have had a few friends sign up through my link?

Yes it's the same issue for me, and also I just had £103 paid from my bank account to Bulb today as a first monthly payment. However, I'd thought my account would be in credit as have had a few friends sign up through my link?

Even if you are in credit you have to tell bulb you want to use that credit on your next bill, otherwise they will still take the money out of your bank… They haven’t got a clever enough system yet to use credit if it is available.

Hi @cherylm and @AdamB Your referral credit will be added in the first few days of your supply, so should be with you this week. If it’s not come over by the first monthly statement, something has gone and we can get that added on for you, but it’s incredibly rare for this to happen.

@tom6685 is completely correct, it’s added as credit, so your monthly payments don’t adjust automatically (yet) so you will need to get in touch with us for us to make those adjustments for you!

Hi @cherylm and @AdamB Your referral credit will be added in the first few days of your supply, so should be with you this week. If it's not come over by the first monthly statement, something has gone and we can get that added on for you, but it's incredibly rare for this to happen.

@tom6685 is completely correct, it’s added as credit, so your monthly payments don’t adjust automatically (yet) so you will need to get in touch with us for us to make those adjustments for you!

How do we get in touch to notify Rob?

So far so good with Bulb, Im satisfied. But seems to be lack of contact options? Maybe I’ve just missed them?

Thanks

So far so good with Bulb, Im satisfied. But seems to be lack of contact options? Maybe I’ve just missed them?

Go to home page and then help info is there…

@Alan_R you can get in touch with us by phone on 0300 30 30 635 from Monday to Friday (9:00 am to 6:00 pm), by email to help@bulb.co.uk, by chat on our website and even the old-school hand written letter (but we prefer paperless) :slight_smile: