Ridiculously excessive bill

Has anyone else received an excessive bill out of the blue, my bill for Aug electricity was £74.80, however despite my family making an effort to useless energy over the last 4 weeks the bill for Sept it apparently £236. this cant possibly be true, thats more than I pay for most of the winter!

Has anyone else received an excessive bill out of the blue, my bill for Aug electricity was £74.80, however despite my family making an effort to useless energy over the last 4 weeks the bill for Sept it apparently £236. this cant possibly be true, thats more than I pay for most of the winter!

Did you supply meter readings just before your bill was prepared or is it based on estimated meter readings?

Hi @David_06. We hadn’t received a meter reading from you in since January. When we don’t receive actual meter readings we have to use estimates. Based on the meter reading you then gave us in August (25th), it seems these were a little low. This means your billing is now up to date. To make sure you always receive accurate statements, please send us your meter readings when we send the meter reading reminders.