Rip off Bulb!

Has anyone noticed the 45% increase in the unit rate for gas and the 10% increase in electricity since December 2018? Time to change supplier…

No, not a single person has noticed and we’ve all ignored the notifications that have been sent out by email.

Out of interest, who is cheaper for you now? I need to check myself … :slight_smile:

The price increase is since December 2017. Apologies for the typo.

Hi @Dragons,

I’ve seen absolutely no price increases since September 2018 ( https://bulb.co.uk/blog/wholesale-energy-market-update-december ). Can you provide any evidence for these claim price increases (such as screenshot of your bill showing an increase kwh/unit price?)

I haven’t checked for the cheapest supplier yet but I will be. I was with Ovo before Bulb. They started well but got too greedy…Bulb seems to be going the same way. Time for a change!!!

Hi RichyB

Sorry I should have said December 2017. The unit rate for gas in December 2017 was 2.42p. In December 2018 the rate was 3.52p. I checked this morning.

Regards

The industry regardless of supplier has had massive increases during 2018.
I would double check before you jump ship.

P.S You are one of very few who have come back and admitted an error in your initial posting, not many do.

I checked a few days ago, and I could possibly save around £22 per annum, but only by going for a fixed deal.
I’d prefer to stay with Bulb’s variable tariff, which will reduce if/when wholesale prices come down. A fixed deal won’t.

@198kHz when I was with Npower their feel good energy fix tariffs were capped at the fixed cost but could drop below if prices decreased.

I just checked uswitch. The most I can save is around £7 per month, and this is on a 33% renewable energy supplier and you aren’t able to talk to anyone on the phone.

All other suppliers have a saving of 3-5 a month. I’d imagine the big six are more expensive than bulb. Bulb are still competitive.

I just checked uswitch. All other suppliers have a saving of 3-5 a month. I'd imagine the big six are more expensive than bulb. Bulb are still competitive.

Similar experience to my check on uswitch a couple of minutes ago, my maximum monthly saving was £6 per month and I am not switching for that sum.

@Allanr also, some tariffs are double the overall year price too!