Ripped off

You are trying to charge me 42 pounds per month when I haven’t even switched my gas on at the wall…why is that? Also when I signed up the standing charge per day was 20p and now it is 26p…I’d like to leave bulb as I refuse to be hassled each month with these ridiculous payments.

That’s terrible. Sending you an estimated bill, just because you haven’t submitted a reading. You’d think they would know you’ve turned the gas off using their magic ball.
Now charging you an extra 6p a day. That’s £20 a year!
No wonder you’re upset.

You are trying to charge me 42 pounds per month when I haven't even switched my gas on at the wall...why is that?

Because you haven’t been submitting meter readings and your energy supplier is not clairvoyant. Also because your monthly payment is intended to build up credit to help cover your large bills over the winter when you do turn your gas back on.

Also when I signed up the standing charge per day was 20p and now it is 26p...

Is it? Could you show proof of the increase to 26p per day? Hint: You’re wrong.

I'd like to leave bulb as I refuse to be hassled each month with these ridiculous payments.

Leaving is just a switch away! Although I suspect you wont be happy with any energy supplier due to your several misunderstandings. You not understanding something doesn’t make it a ripoff.