Rises

I was have just changed to Bulb on the understanding that it was a years fixed rate to then receive an email to say there will be an increase form Nov 18, what a bloody rip off!!! This is so underhanded and I will be changing again now because of the false advertising, i wil also be taking this to Martin Lewis at money saving expert

When has Bulb ever claimed to be fixed rate? They have one variable tariff and that is all I have ever seen advertised.

I was have just changed to Bulb on the understanding that it was a years fixed rate...
Then you have been misinformed, but not by Bulb. They have only ever had one, variable, tariff.
I was have just changed to Bulb on the understanding that it was a years fixed rate to then receive an email to say there will be an increase form Nov 18, what a bloody rip off!!!!! This is so underhanded and I will be changing again now because of the false advertising, i wil also be taking this to Martin Lewis at money saving expert

When you joined Bulb you were sent a welcoming email, and a Welcome Pack attachment. What did it say in the Welcome Pack your energy tariff?

What evidence do you have that any information given to you said a years fixed rate?

It would be academic taking it Martin Lewis. I have just checked and it clearly says on MSE

Bulb
Vari-Fair

Tariff info: This tariff is variable, meaning your rates can rise (or fall) at any time, though Bulb say it’ll give you two months’ notice. Plus, there’s no exit fees so you can leave penalty-free whenever you want.

sent you a question.

sent you a question.

This is an open forum so most of us would have no idea regarding any sent question.

We’ve never had a fixed deal at Bulb, we’ve one variable tariff called “vari-fair” that all of our members are on. We’ve always had this method to keep it fair and simple. If the price changes it has to do so for everyone at once to ensure that everyone remains on the same tariff.

We’ve always offered this option because it allows us to keep things simple and ensures you never pay a different price for energy as your neighbour with Bulb.

@McGirl22Linney I can’t see an email from you? Any questions you can pop them in here or email help@bulb.co.uk

@BeckyP If the tariff does change in November, you’d be free to check out the new price and see if Bulb is still right for you. No matter any changes, we always expect to be extremely competitive on price compared to others. Having one variable tariff allows us to do this.