Samsung SmartThings Energy Control - We are live today to answer your questions

Hi @HarrisonPurv, Allowing members to fully understand and have access to their data is a priority for us. We are looking at the best way to make this as accessible as possible. Could you give me some ideas on what exactly it is you would like to extract?

@Nick_at_SmartThings I’d really like an API that would allow me to pull an instantaneous read, right now I use a webhook into Home Assistant that gives me cumulative usage and I have to estimate the instantaneous consumption. Overall a lot of us would also like the freedom to do our own modelling and charting on the same data and having an API to bring this into a CSV would give us that freedom - SmartThings displays everything very nicely but right now my information is still trapped in another companies device. So a straightforward export option would be fantastic.

Hi Vitek,

Within the SmartThings app it will show your tariff and yes you can see active time too (you can see how long your current tariff is active for). Combining your question along with @HarrisonPurv comments it would clearly be useful if that data is usable.

Thanks again for taking the time to post here and I’ll reply directly on your GUID.

Thank you @HarrisonPurv for your detailed answer. We really appreciate your time to explain the comments with us.

Hi Vitek, thanks for your question. I think you must be in ownership of one of Chameleon’s IHD3 devices. As you say this offers a countdown to the next tariff based on knowing the duration of the current one. As Chris mentions the same information read from the smart meter is sent to SmartThings Energy Control and can be viewed in the app.

And that’s a wrap! Thank you so much @James_at_Chameleon @Chris_at_SmartThings and @Nick_at_SmartThings for coming and talking with the community - I hope that you found it useful hearing about what our members think too.

I certainly enjoyed hearing about plans to make smart data as accessible as possible and how IHDs are one of the most effective forms of saving energy!

:wave: