Samsung SmartThings offer

I signed up earlier this month to bulb via the Samsung website and their offer of a hub and sockets for a £1, so far i’ve had no email or voucher code as promised, my account has now been live since 24th june, when can i expect the code please? This was one of the main reasons for me signing up.

Hi @nick.tripp and welcome to our Community :deciduous_tree:

I’m going to send you an email now so we can get this sorted.

I have been told I need to have or get a smart meter to get the offer.
Nowhere it the T&C’s does it mention this or on the website.
In fact the bulb website says if a supplier tells you otherwise report them to Citizens advice.
What is the policy?

Hi,

I have the code now all resolved very satisfactorily as far as I’m concerned :grinning: it takes up to 10 working days to get the code after your account goes live. As for needing a smart meter I’m not sure if that is a requirement or not as I’d already had one fitted by my previous provider.

1 Like

@craigwalton Welcome to our Bulb community and thanks for your excellent question.

There are two parts to the SmartThings deal and you don’t need a smart meter for the first one.

1. The free kit :electric_plug:

Firstly, the plugs can be controlled remotely via the Samsung SmartThings App (free to download). They’re even compatible with other devices like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for voice control.
You do not have to have a working SMETS2 meter to get this part of the deal. Anyone can get the free kit and control it via the SmartThings app.

1. The app :iphone:

The other aspect of the deal relates to SMETS2 smart meters and Chameleon IHDs (other manufacturers’ IHDs will not work). Members can pair the SmartThings app to their IHD to see detailed, real-time energy usage info on their smartphones.

Anyone with a SMETS2 and a Chameleon IHD can benefit from the app (as long as they have connected the IHD to wifi).

Do let us know if you have any further questions :slight_smile:

@nick.tripp Excellent news, I’m glad it’s all up and running for you!

Hi Sophiem,

Thank you for the comprehensive response.
That is something I am aware of its a shame bulb help team don’t see it that way. The emails I have received to date insist that the offer requires a smart meter be fitted and insisted I wont get the offer email sent until I do (whenever that is) . I did point out as you have there is other energy saving uses for the equipment and I would receive benefit irrespective of whether I have a smart meter. I think the bulb help team require educating as I swapped suppliers to take advantage of the deal. My dealings with bulb help (or should I say no help) have now made me re-review my choice of energy supplier and will seek to transfer as soon as I can.

@craigwalton I completely understand your concerns and I am really sorry for the poor experience you’ve had. I’ve spoken with my colleagues who were dealing with your query.

You’ll receive a response today detailing how we’ll be remedying this situation. I will also take your feedback on board and ensure that everybody in our service team has the correct information about this deal.

I hope that we’ll be able to resolve this to your satisfaction as we’d hate to see you go so soon.