Select date of meter readings

Is it possible to update the meter reading submission process so that the date of the reading can be selected?

I live in flats where physical access to the meter rooms are not permitted for residents and access to timely readings is sometimes difficult; and it can take several days to get hold of the fortnightly readings.

Could such a development be added to the development roadmap?

If you have standard meters you can update your direct debit date to be 3 days after you have access to the meters.

You only need to submit monthly.

Point is I don’t have physical access to the meter ever. I have to rely on a management company that takes manual readings every 2 weeks which is sometimes hit and miss.
If I call or email for a reading I may be given one 1-3 weeks old.

My old supplier (EON) when submitting a reading would let me pick the date the reading was taken (I think the reading had to be taken in the last 10 days) which meant my usage history was accurate as well as cost each month.

I have a SMETS1 meter that’ll get a software update probably in the next year which should remove the problem, but others don’t and smart rollout will no doubt take many more years!

Point is I don’t have physical access to the meter ever. I have to rely on a management company that takes manual readings every 2 weeks which is sometimes hit and miss. If I call or email for a reading I may be given one 1-3 weeks old.

This shouldn’t cause too much of a problem just submit your readings whenever you receive them from the management company. This may result in estimated readings when producing your statements, but these will right themselves each time you submit a reading. The problem comes if readings are sent infrequently say 3 or more months apart.

If I call or email for a reading I may be given one 1-3 weeks old.

Whilst 3 weeks might be pushing it a bit, there won’t be too much problem submitting readings a week old.

Remember, when you switch to Bulb you have a ±5 days to give your reading either side of the switching date, which is then dated as the switching date, so a 10 day window. Almost a week and a half.

I’d just submit whatever the most recent reading is and not worry about it.

@jawb_ Hey. If you drop us an email, we can send a meter reader once every 3 months to get a meter reading. Thanks.

@jawb_ Hey. If you drop us an email, we can send a meter reader once every 3 months to get a meter reading. Thanks.

Wouldn’t this mean you would have to liaise with the management company in advance to gain access to the meter?

Wouldn't this mean you would have to liaise with the management company in advance to gain access to the meter?

… which if that were possible is surely something that @jawb_ would already be doing.

Although, isn’t there a legal right of access to the meter? Perhaps @jawb_ just needs to be more persistent with the management company?

Thanks for the comments so far. The point I’m getting at is that until my meter becomes smart again, there are many time consuming steps between different parties for something so simple.

The OP was if a feature request could be added to the Trello roadmap as to whether the date a reading is taken can be specified when submitting a reading online, as is currently possible with other suppliers.

The OP was if a feature request could be added to the Trello roadmap as to whether the date a reading is taken can be specified when submitting a reading online, as is currently possible with other suppliers.

I agree, in fact I thought it already was on the roadmap since it’s been mentioned at least once before.

The problem is Bulb are swamped with other development like actually making things work, and so a small issue like this isn’t going to get fixed for months. Hence the suggestions of workarounds …

… which if that were possible is surely something that @jawb_ would already be doing.

Which is why I asked indirectly how Bulb sending a meter reader would help the situation?

Which is why I asked indirectly how Bulb sending a meter reader would help the situation?

I was agreeing with you :slight_smile:

I agree, in fact I thought it already was on the roadmap since it’s been mentioned at least once before.

The problem is Bulb are swamped with other development like actually making things work, and so a small issue like this isn’t going to get fixed for months. Hence the suggestions of workarounds …

Yep! Fair enough and agreed. If it can be on the to do list, that’s all I was flagging up here :slight_smile: