Send In Meter Readings Yet Bulb still give estimates

Can anyone from Bulb tell me why when asked for both readings (via email) which I do, you still give me a bill based on estimate readings ?

Can anyone from Bulb tell me why when asked for both readings (via email) which I do, you still give me a bill based on estimate readings ?

Are the readings which you supply to Bulb also shown on your Bill?

Timm, this is something which really irks me also. I sense some disingenuity in the way bulb send out an email requesting meter readings but on the same day the estimated monthly amount is “pending”. I submitted readings 10 minutes after i recieved my email but noticed that the esitmated dd payment was already pending.

Allanr, yes the readings usually are on the bill. The bone of contention is direct debit payments taken which
are based on estimated usage rather than the actual usage from the submitted meter readings.

Hi Allanr, Yes sent my readings on the 22nd of last month, I got reply back saying Thank you we have received your readings yet when I get the Bill its giving an estimate. Heres a copy.

Hi Allanr, Yes sent my readings on the 22nd of last month, I got reply back saying Thank you we have received your readings yet when I get the Bill its giving an estimate. Heres a copy.

Hi Allanr, Yes sent my readings on the 22nd of last month, I got reply back saying Thank you we have received your readings yet when I get the Bill its giving an estimate.

Allanr, yes the readings usually are on the bill. The bone of contention is direct debit payments taken which are based on estimated usage rather than the actual usage from the submitted meter readings.

I thought I had previously answered the same query from you, regardless of this.

I am answering the following as a fellow Bulb Customer.

If you submit readings at the correct time, i.e a couple of days before the Statement preparation date and in line with the email reminder you receive from Bulb then your Statement will be based on your actual reading.

As you are aware Bulb take the payment one month in advance.

The monthly Direct Debit which Bulb shows in your “Payments & statements” is generally set to cover the energy usage over the next 12 months. This means you pay a constant amount over a 12 month period and should take into account any credit in your account… This is exactly what my previous two big six suppliers used to do.

My two previous suppliers also used 12 month future estimated energy usage to work out my suggested monthly payments.

However if you feel your monthlty amount is too much then you just go into your “Payments and statements” and amend the amount in the
“Payments settings”. The main criteria is that ideally the amount left in your account is sufficient to cover the following months energy usage My two previous suppliers did not offer me this flexibility I had to continually battle with them to set my monthly direct debit at the correct amount, I was lucky I could back up my argument as I retain my own spreadsheet of future energy usage and current tariffs to work out my ideal monthly DD.

Hi @Timm :

It looks like you sent in the meter readings on the 22nd of July and August and your bill wasn’t produced until the 26th - 4 days later. I’ve always been under the impression that for the meter reading to count as the ‘bill reading’, it’s got to be 2-3 days before the date (based on the monthly emails - "Just so you know, your monthly payment of £xxxx will come out of your bank account in three days. If you’d like us to calculate your monthly statement using your actual usage, send us a meter reading today or tomorrow. No worries if you can’t, we’ll use an estimated reading instead. ")

Hi Allanr, Yes sent my readings on the 22nd of last month, I got reply back saying Thank you we have received your readings yet when I get the Bill its giving an estimate.

Just to clarify your situation. Each month Bulb send out an email mentioning they will shortly be taking your direct debit payment, in this email they also ask you to send your meter readings. Do you wait until you receive this email before sending in your meter readings?

Hi All - to clarify what @alanr and @RichyB have said, unless the reading is right at the end of the billing month we will have to estimate the usage up until then. So if you could submit your meter readings on the 24th or 25th that would mean that we could close your billing on that reading.