Sent in Meter reading yet still get Estimated Bill

Sent in my Gas and Electric readings on the 22nd the date I once got the meter email remainder, for my bill on the 26th, got confirmation from Bulb saying thank you for your readings, and yet again they have done the Bill on an estimate. This why so many are leaving. What’s going on Bulb. Please advise.
elec
gas
e
g

1 Like

Bandile (Bulb Help)

Sep 26, 2020, 6:54 GMT+1

Hi Timm,

Thanks for reaching out.

I can confirm that we did add your given reads of the 22nd of September 2020 on our system and on your statement. The estimates are dated to the 26th where we did not receive actual reads for that day.

We recommend our members send us an actual meter reading 3 days before we collect your payment.

Hope this helps,
Bandile

I’m lost in when they say The estimates are dated to the 26th where we did not receive actual reads for that day. ? One day early is not going to make any difference to the readings, and these where actual reading.

1. Customer - Send in reading
  2. Bulb - Thank you for your readings
  3. Bulb - Sorry your to early
  4. Bulb - Estimate
  5. Customer - Had enough Leave

Hi @Timm

I’m sorry to hear you’re thinking of leaving, and appreciate why you’re so frustrated by this. Unfortunately, if we receive reads outside the window we can use them for statements we do need to estimate. Energy will have been used in those 4 days, and we estimate it to ensure we aren’t underbilling for the period.

I am sorry you received the meter reading reminder a bit early though, I understand why you’re irritated and apologize. The estimates we’ve used to close off the period are entirely based on your readings, though, so are as accurate as possible.

What do you mean by “I am sorry you received the meter reading reminder a bit early though” ? Never received a reminder, these stopped some 3 months ago. even after one of your so called Customer Rep here said I will make sure you will get it next month. Sorry but you guys have lost the plot.

I can’t see what the initial complaint was about really - historic electricity usage is about 4.5 kWh per day, so they’ve estimated another 19 kWh on top of the meter reading to allow for the fact that it was taken a few days before the bill was produced. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.