Seriously need help

Ok people need your help new to bulb been with them since december first bill said I owed £31 just looked and now says I am £71 in debit!! How the hell do I sort this out I’m on the sick and cannot afford to pay £71 dont hardly use my gas (shower electric, dont really have heating on and only use it to wash pots) help would be gratefully received as considering leaving them this has knocked me for six and dont know what to do

1 Like

Call them on 0300 303 0635 and explain your situation. R-

Have you given meter readings or is your bill based on an estimation? As @rogerbeschizza states, give them a call.

1 Like

For some reason it’s based on estimates. I’ve made the decision to switch as I phoned them and they wasn’t very helpful at all :confused: thanks for your advice. Much appreciated. Regards

Gave them a call wasn’t very helpful so made the decision to switch thanks for your advice. Regards

Curious as to whom you spoke to, as the bulb call centre is closed on weekends.
Unless they have changed this and not updated the website
me putting my big foot in my mouth, again

1 Like

Sounds odd - and joining in the BIG FOOT brigade - I thought the utilites were duty bound [probably code of practice rather than law] to assist folk stuggling with their bills. R-

Not sure about being duty bond, but to put some clarity on the “closed on weekend” if you phone when their shut this just puts you through to emergency, if you have power cut or some
such, which would explain them being less than helpful as they wouldn’t have the account details

1 Like

I see. A pity though that the residual impression is one of “unhelpfulness”. R-

1 Like