Should I pay for charge from previous supplier in switching process

Hi
I shifted to Bulb and the process is going on, with my previous supplier I payed “as pay as you go”, my advance bill is 1st November, should I charge for my gas with previous supplier or not? Cause it’s in emergency mode now?

Hi @Mahsa,

I’m sorry if I’ve misinterpreted you message, it seems a bit unclear. But working on the basis:

• You are on a ‘pay as you go’ pre-pay meter (i.e. you ‘top up’ using a key/card or VEND code - and do not ‘pay monthly by direct debit’)
  • The meter is currently on ‘emergency credit’

then the following should help (note that I’m just a fellow customer and have no experience with pre-pay meters).

You should be able to use your existing/previous suppliers key/card to continue topping up until your new Bulb key/card arrives (and you can actually continue to use it even when the Bulb key/card arrives as the meter remembers the ‘last two’ key/cards used). So just get some credit on the gas key/card from your old supplier and you should be good to go - once your Bulb key/card arrives, keep using your old key/card until you use up all the credit on it and then switch to your Bulb card/key.

If you have a ‘smart pre-pay’ VEND code, just use the VEND code from the previous supply until the switch.

See also:

Hi, thanks for your response, but it’s still unclear for me: with Bulb I pay direct debit and Bulb will take the amount of direct debit 1st each month, so why you are sending me a key/card? I think the meter should be changed from pay as you go mode.

Hi, thanks for your response, but it’s still unclear for me: with Bulb I pay direct debit and Bulb will take the amount of direct debit 1st each month, so why you are sending me a key/card? I think the meter should be changed from pay as you go mode.

I find this confusing., if you are a “Pay As You Go” then it must mean you have a “prepayment” meter which requires a key or something equivalent which you top up to gain access to your energy. This is why Bulb are sending you a key/card.

I’m unclear in these circumstances why you are going to pay Bulb by Direct Debit.

Thanks for your response, I want to pay for my fuels by direct debit, I don’t want prepayment meter because of many reasons, so can I ?
If not I should cancel the related direct debit.

Thanks for your response, I want to pay for my fuels by direct debit, I don’t want prepayment meter because of many reasons, so can I ? If not I should cancel the related direct debit.

I’m just another customer so can’t give you any official advice this is for the Bulb team to do.

I’m guessing that since you have a prepayment meter you wont be able to pay by direct debit.

To pay by DD you will have to change your meter which can cost up to £120 or wait until Bulb supply you with a smart meter which will be free of charge.

Thanks for your response, I want to pay for my fuels by direct debit, I don’t want prepayment meter because of many reasons, so can I ? If not I should cancel the related direct debit.

I’m just another customer so can’t give you any official advice this is for the Bulb team to do.

I’m guessing that since you have a prepayment meter you wont be able to pay by direct debit.

To pay by DD you will have to change your meter which can cost up to £120 or wait until Bulb supply you with a smart meter which will be free of charge.

Many Thanks Allanr