Smart Gas Meter Stopped Sending Readings

Hello,

My smart gas meter was regular sending readings until 13 November. From 14 November it has stopped sending readings to both the In House Display and Bulb itself - hence my bulb online account is showing no gas usage.

What might have caused this and how cold I get someone to fix it? I have tried emailing bulb several times, but this does not seem to result in anyone actually trying to resolve the issue (the last response said e.g reset the IHD - but if bulb itself does not receive readings this suggests the problem does not lie with the IHD?)

Thanks,

Mark

Hello @shefmarkh

Welcome to the community :grin: we hope to be seeing you around :eyes:

I can see everything is up and running as it should be on our side. We are getting both your electricity and gas meter reads.

Please could you follow the link below to fill in the details of the issue?

https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/smart/IHD-issues

Once you’ve sent that in we’ll try and fix your IHD overnight, so it should start working in 24 hours. If it’s still not working in 48 hours then get back in touch.

If this does not work I recommend switching it off and on again.

Let us know if the reads are still not working after you’ve done that.

Best,
Melisa

I don’t understand why you are referring to the IHD. My bulb online account is also not showing any gas readings - how could the IHD cause that problem? My understanding is that the meter communicates with both the IHD and Bulb separately - neither is getting has readings.

" We are getting both your electricity and gas meter reads."

Then how come my online account only shows a standing charge each day from Nov 14 for the Gas?

Thanks,

Mark

Hello @shefmarkh

We are getting your monthly smart reads. Please click on energy usage you can scroll down and see that all reads are Input type ‘Smart’.

The next one will come through on the 18th December as that is when you bill is created.

I can see what you mean about the daily update. I recommend waiting until the 18th to see if we also do not get the monthly read on the 18th. If we do not we can then look into some other things.

Thanks,
Melisa

ok I see, thanks. Then I will see what happens on the 18th.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello,

So on my new bill on Dec 18th the gas usage for the last month shows as 0 KWh. So clearly the gas meter is not sending readings to anyone - not the smart device in the home, nor bulb itself. What can be done to fix the gas meter so that it would start sending readings again?

Just to reiterate that the gas meter was sending readings until 13 November and ever since then it has stopped doing so.

Thanks,

Mark

I’m having the exact same problem my meters stopped sending gas readings on the 10th dec and electric readings on the 14th according to my bulb account both in the early hours of the morning.
Since then my in home display has been starting up searching for a signal and then shutting down within a minute only to do it all over again all day and night.

I’m struggling to find how to get bulb to sort this out any ideas?

Update: I went down into the cellar to take a manual reading from the gas meter and the reading says “685” - the same reading as 18 Nov! So the gas meter itself seems to not be updating the reading. How can I make an appointment for an engineer to come and service the meter?

Thanks,

Mark