Smart meter and account

Hi, am I able to get a smart meter at all?

Also I had an email to say I was using too much energy for my payments. I submitted some readings as suggested and I have heard nothing back? Thanks. Rebecca Fox

I have a smart meter from my previous supplier, are they transferable? I have read that second generational meters are but how do I know what agency mine is? Any help or guidance on this one would be appreciated

This possible may answer smart meter queries: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232092-Can-I-switch-to-Bulb-with-a-smart-meter-

Hi guys, that link @Allanr posted should have all the details, but in a nutshell @Geth you have a first generation meter, there are only a few (maybe 10?) second generation smart meters out there at the moment and you would definitely know if you have one (as I recall, the first installation took more than 12 hours, not something you’d forget!). That means that you can switch over but we won’t be able to read your meter remotely, we’ll have to ask you to read it and send us reads.

@BeckyFox unfortunately, we aren’t offering smart meters just yet, but we will be rolling them out to our members from mid to late-2018. This is because currently only first-generation smart meters are being installed in the UK right now (the ones that @geth has). If we installed one of these on your wall and you changed energy supplier you wouldn’t always be able to use the smart meter’s functionalities. We think it’d be a bit unfair to do that to our members, so we will begin installing second-generation meters as soon as we can get them and they will be able to communicate with any supplier.

All the best,
David

thanks, what about the second part of my question? I had an email to say I wasn’t paying enough and ewas asked to submit new meter readings. I did this but not heard anything back?

@BeckyFox Sorry for not addressing the second part of your question. As the discussion is based on your payments and usage, we will send you a direct email for data protection.