I had a smart meter fitted 16 days ago
It works and talk to the IHD, but it is much worse from my point of view than my old meter.
Within a few seconds I could check my peak and off peak usage on the old meter.
With the new meter I am in the dark as to my usage.
My IHD only shows one rate (peak) and one amount of units used (peak) at all times of the day.
My meter does change the act rate to off peak at some unknown time and I know it changes to peak at about 08:30.
I have tried to work out what I am using off peak with no success.
Looking at the meter
It shows £39.07 kwh before holding A down for a couple of seconds
Holding A down for a couple of seconds opens up some additional readings.
- Time this is correct
- Date this is correct
- It says credit mode ( I assume because I pay by DD as opposed to key meter)
- Act tariff price (shows the peak rate)
- Standing charge show £0.20
- MPAN number is correct
- Says bulb
- Shows bulb phone number
- Total act import 00266 kwh
- Total act export 00000 kwh
- Meter balance £39.08
- Customer ID 0000 (is this key to why the IHD does not know about my 2 rates, because they have not registered me properly?) They do recieve readng from the meter according to my account on the website
If I cycle through the system I never see the off peak units, but here is the interesting bit
13. I had to write down the string of characters next
it was of the format v38030nnn 33cctnn
where n stand for some numbers which I have omitted in case this number is unique to me
It took a while for me to write this down and while I was writing the display suddenly changed to show
Rate act 01 00153kwh
Upon checking after some (but not all) steps through the cycle it show the same screen, takes about 20 seconds to display this when I don’t touch button A.
It never shows any other rate for 02.
I am assuming that the units used are 266 total and 153 for the peak leaving 113 for off peak.
So this leave 3 questions.
• Are my calculations correct?
• Is there an easier way to see off peak units quickly?
• As this is a retrograde step and defeats the object for me of having a smart meter is it possible to go back to a dumb meter. Has anyone done this with Bulb?
A final question. I knew my old off peak times, Bulb have conformed that they agree with these times. The meter thinks otherwise!!!
Either the meter displays the wrong rate but I am being charged the right rate
The meter has changed its times and not told Bulb or me.
Sorry for long post but if someone who has economy 7 on smets 2 smart meter can assist that would be brilliant