Smart meter booking

I have had an email saying I can book a smart meter installation but the link sends me here, why?

I have had an email saying I can book a smart meter installation but the link sends me here, why?

Are you sure? My email took me to account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/smart/install

I signed into my account and it presented me straight away with my address for the upgrade, and there appeared to be a prompt to continue.

Yeah I get the same thing as bryan. Methinks the site has crashed a bit from people trying to book maybe?

Edit: No wait, it works in Chrome. Are you using Firefox?

I am opening it on my Android phone and using Chrome. Maybe I’ll try on my laptop.

I am opening it on my Android phone and using Chrome. Maybe I'll try on my laptop.

Mine worked fine on my phone. Maybe try the link I posted? It should bring up your account details and your address if it works.

Works on my laptop, one of my other email addresses must be cashed in my phones memory which could be causing the problem. A shame no one from Bulb has responded. Thanks for your help.

All that and now I cant have a smart meter installed because my Gas meter is in a box on the ground!! Could if had that in the FAQ’s

I am looking for smart meter on my home. How can I book ?

I am looking for smart meter on my home. How can I book ?

Are you aware that possibly 25% of Bulb customers are or have experienced problems with their smart meter installations? Please have a read of other threads on this forum to give you a flavour?

I’m just a customer but will hold off having smart meters until all problems have been resolved.

Please also see: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232872-When-will-Bulb-roll-out-smart-meters-

Don’t do it!

Don’t do it from me as well.

dont do it !!

same here. How can one book an installation ?