Smart meter - Bulb please answer

Smart meters installed in October 21, electric meter isn’t sending readings (gas meter ok).
Phoned, emailed and no satisfactory explanation. My last email was ignored.
Bulb PLEASE answer

Probably wants the hub rebooted. I rebooted mine earlier, hopefully its working properly now!

I don’t know how to re-boot the hub. That was not one of Bulb’s many suggestions!

I was just about to ask how to do that as well.

You have to remove the hub from the meter for around 20 minutes then refit it. The meter will still be powered up so it is a little bit dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing!

Is that legal to do if you’re not an installer?

I wouldn’t think it’s illegal as you’re not doing anything with the meter tails or pulling any fuses. Maybe someone at bulb could answer that, doubtful but never know…

I just looked on YouTube to see how it’s done and couldn’t find anything so I guess I’m really NOT qualified and won’t be attempting to do it anyway. :wink:

I don’t think I’ll be doing it either. I’m still waiting for Bulb to reply

Don’t hold your breath with that one.

1 Like

My smart meter has still not updated to the new tariff and the person who was responding by email has closed me down without giving me a solution. I’ve switched off and on again, but nothing works. Any help appreciated

I’m not getting any help either

Sorry to hear this.
They’re too busy harrassing their other customers to get them installed!
Just goes to show they’re only intended to benefit the suppliers…

Hi @Liz22, :wave:t4:

Thank you for posting on community.

I can see that a comms hub reboot has been requested for yourself and will complete within 3 weeks. Your smart meters and IHD should go back to normal after the reboot completes. If you don’t see any improvement after this time, please reply to back to your email thread or head back here and I’ll check up on the reboot request for you.

@Bulberino I am unable to locate an account using your email address, could you please head back here with the email address used on your bulb account or contact us directly on Live chat , social media ( twitter, facebook or instagram) or give us a ring on 0300 303 0635.

@Jlmoff - as you have a 1st generation smart meter it sounds like your new tariff has not been uploaded on to your in home display and unfortunately as we did not install this meter we do not have this type of ihd to send. We apologise and understand the inconveniences this may cause you. I would like to kindly advise you to take meter readings from the meter itself to calculate your usage as this is how we issue your statement whilst we work on a fix. At this time we do not have an exact timeframe but once the dcc network has a new update we will contact you. Once again our sincere apologies for this.

All the best
–Suki :hibiscus: