Smart meter, dumb billing? Estimate for gas over 4000 m^3 out

We’ve had smart meters since a month after we moved into this property. It turns out they’ve not been reporting measurements for over a year, possibly longer…

My estimated gas reading was 14,601, and the actual was 9758… That’s 4843m^3 out, or 55,029 kWh, which is about 4 grand at current tariff (!!!). I can’t get any sense from what bulb are doing. They’ve just applied a £600 credit to my account via a statement correction, and updated the estimated meter reading to 10,000 or so…

My historic usage that I can see is now showing I used no gas for months, however I was paying for it at around £400 a month.

What on earth is going on with your calculations? I want to see my bills clearly, and expect a significant correction. I’m taking a log of every bill, as frankly I don’t trust what bulb are doing here.

ANy ideas how I can speak to someone to find out what on earth is going on with the bills, and with my smart meters?

1 Like

Hi @nickl :wave: thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the community :partying_face:

I have had a look over your account and I can see that our operations team are correcting the billing on your account due to the very overestimated readings. This will take a few weeks to correct and once finalised we will send you out a new statement. We will also correct the balance in your Bulb account as that is also currently incorrect.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this :point_down:

Best,

Jenny :star:

Thanks Jenny. Any ideas why my smart meters aren’t providing readings? The display is also connected to wifi, so couldn’t they use that as another route to submit readings?