Wanted yo know if anyone can help. My little one has got hold of the smart meter at some point. Just noticed it saying (passphrase b) nothing else being displayed. Can’t use any of the buttons it’s just froze saying that. Any help would be appreciated cheers
I guess you’re talking about your In Home Display, rather than the actual smart meter.
Have you tried turning it off and on again using the button on the back? Press and hold for (I think) 10 seconds to turn it off. If that doesn’t work, just unplug it and wait about an hour for the battery to go flat. That will of course force a reboot when you plug it back in again.
Thank you will try it and see
If @Hooloovoo fix of a hard reset (it’s around 15 seconds you need to hold it for) hasn’t worked, give these steps a go:
- Unplug the IHD and let it run completely out of power
- Restart the IHD using the button at the back, making sure it is still unplugged
- The emergency power reserve will need to drain also, so let this happen
- Try to restart the IHD again. If it turns on, it still has power that needs to drain so let it run down
- Once the IHD cannot turn on any more, recharge it an turn it on
- The IHD should now work