Smart Meter - Gas - "We can't install a smart meter - Your gas meter needs to be above ground level"

I just received an email saying you are ready to install a smart meter in my region, so went to the wizard and then I select “Yes, my gas meter is outside in a box on the ground”, I then get a response saying:

“We can’t install a smart meter - Your gas meter needs to be above ground level”

… but no other insights or Contact Us button; when are you going to support this? Can you do electricity now and then gas later? Better communications / user-experience required please!

1 Like

Contact info is available by using the help button.

Understood @scudo - but the whole experience should be cleaner and more communicative!

I dont disagree, I think Bulb are playing catch up as the customer base grows, and there does appear to be lots of issues regarding smart meters although not necessarily Bulbs fault.
There are some threads on the smart meter size location suitability, if you do a search.

Hi @IanTurner - did you ever get a response to this? I too am in the same situation and want to know if we can have the electric smarter installed before the Gas one.