Smart meter have not been sending readings for over 3 months

Posting this again since earlier posts are not being responded to.

Since the beginning of May 2022, my meter readings (both electricity and gas) have not been uploaded from my smart (SMETS2) meter. They had only been working since the end of February after an earlier reboot from a Dec-Feb blackout. The meters were only installed at the end of June 2021. The IHD is fine and I can see readings on it.

What’s the point of having smart meters if this keeps happening?
Energy is expensive enough without me having to remember to enter regular customer readings to avoid estimates that may overstate my usage and increase my bill unnecessarily.

Bulb eventually told me that another reboot would be required - It’s now been OVER 7 weeks since I was told that the reboot would be complete but my readings are still not being sent.
This is ridiculous. It’s not a smart meter if it can’t send readings.

One response from Bulb was that they couldn’t ask the comms company to do the reboot - who on earth is supposed to do it then? Pretty fed up with all this now.

3 Likes

Hi @johnboyb :wave:

I’m sorry we’ve not been able to get back to you as quickly as we’d like, but I’ve had a look into this for you now.

We requested the second reboot of your comms hub on 7 June, but we’re still waiting to hear back from the DCC on the results of the reboot. They are working through a backlog of these requests at the moment, so it is taking a bit longer for them to get to each reboot.

I’m sorry it’s taking so long to get your meters online, but we’ll let you know as soon as you’re connected again.

Please let us know if you need anything else here :point_down:

Best,
Ollie :musical_note:

1 Like

Thank you Ollie. Please keep me posted on how it goes

I have exactly the same problem. I have rebooted the smart meter time and again but does not work. I am curious how this has happed almost at the same time. Also just realised Bulb has been over estimating my bill. Sheer co-incidence i assume.

1 Like

Same problem, now I’m most eager to go back to the old meter. Switching to a smart meter was the biggest mistake so we immediately felt that we were paying much more now even no accurate readings and finnaly not work, no able to top up. There any option come back to old (no smart) meter?

same here…this begins to seem odd

I would suggest you manually enter your meter readings as I’ve been doing so you don’t get the estimates. Going back to an old meter is pointless as you’ll still get estimates if you don’t submit your readings.

The issue is that the smart meter is not sending the readings. I would have thought that Bulb - or any supplier - should recognise if a customer is on a smart meter but no readings are coming through. This would indicate a problem which needs to be dealt with by the provider not the customer.

1 Like

I am also having the same issue but only with electricity (gas is fine still),

but even manually entering the readings, they do not show up on the list

so i just haven’t had any bills for 2 months, i did email someone a week ago i guess i will have to also wait for a reboot.

at least i know it’s not just me, i just don’t understand why they don’t accept manual readings either.