Smart meter IHD has not updated with new tariffs

The new energy tariffs increased from 01/4/2022 but my IHD has not updated with the latest rates. I only discovered this when Bulb billed me for £30 more than my meter was telling me I had spent making a smart meter useless.

I have tried restarting the device but no change. There was a previous post about this and a Bulb team member said they would be updated within a week, but that was on 5 April.

Can Bulb please update my smart meter with the latest tarrifs or is there something I need to do?

Hi Marl,

Thank you for posting, welcome to community :wave:t4:

Unfortunately this is a bug I’m afraid. There is not much we can do until the firmware is updated to fix this issue. Please can I advice that you should stay connected to the wifi to ensure you get any of our firmware updates.

The IHD is simply there as a guide, and the usage charts on your account aren’t designed to be live and are still in beta mode. The IHD doesn’t also doesn’t include VAT

The only true way to calculate your usage is to take readings from the meter itself. This is how we issue your statement.

–Suki :hibiscus:

I didn’t realise there was anything that a user could read on a SMART meter. R-