Smart meter instal, dates provided when try to book it says date taken

When I try to book the suggested dates/times to have a smart meter installed, it says date is taken. When I retry the same dates are signed by bulb?

I then try to book two months in advance as that’s the only other time I am around (holiday home) but calendar doesn’t take bookings that far in advance!

Hi @Caroline23red :wave:

I’ve had a quick look in your Bulb Account at the dates given and when I go through to confirm booking it does seem to work- can you give it another go?

You can also click the ‘choose another date’ bit in green for other options, but this is only a month in advance rather than 2.

If there are still issues then let us know and we can arrange another date for you :relaxed:

– H :bulb:

Hello

I’ve just tried again to book 14 September which is one of the dates that says fitting can take place but once I have answered all of the questions it says “this date is taken”

Can you book either morning or afternoon for 14 sept for me please.

There are no access issues for meters.

Parking is by pay and display.

I don’t have a gas boiler.

My gas meter isn’t in a brown box.

I can have power turned off.

My mobile number is [redacted]

Look forward to hearing from you that it will be fitted on Tuesday 14th September.

Thank you

Hey @Caroline23red

I redacted your message above as this is a public forum so we wouldn’t want you to post things like your mobile number in case.

The 14th was not a date available through the Bulb Account when I checked this morning (likely as that is tomorrow so too short notice) but I booked the next available which was the 15th. You should be able to see this in your Bulb Account now and amend the date/cancel if that won’t work.

– H :bulb:

Sorry not here after tomorrow 13th so will cancel. Next suitable date for us is beginning of Nov

Hi @Caroline23red :wave:

I’m sorry there’s a bit of a wait until the next appointment - it’s due the engineer’s availability.

Were you able to rebook for November?

– Meg :bulb:

Hi

November dates not available yet

Hi @Caroline23red,

Sorry to hear they are still not available. I would advise checking in daily for an update, if possible.

– Daisy :bulb: