Smart meter installation ASAP -

My bills are excessive at over £25 per day for gas and electricity per utility. Inneed smart meter installation at my property ASAP and for you to bring this price down immediately. Please answer soonest. I’m very anxious about this. Thank you.

My bills are excessive at over £25 per day for gas and electricity per utility. Inneed smart meter installation at my property ASAP and for you to bring this price down immediately. Please answer soonest. I’m very anxious about this. Thank you.

Purely as another customer.

Have you read the information on the Help pages regarding smart meter roll-out?

I find it somewhat unbelievable you are being charged £25 per day for both your gas and electricity. This works out at £9125 per year for each fuel.

Without giving any personal information how did you arrive at the ludicrous figure of £25 per day?

HI there @salsicha if your usage is coming to £25 per day, which is indeed rather high, then it sounds like there may be something in your house which is broken that’s using up all your energy. Having a smart meter wouldn’t really help with that, smart meters don’t (in and of themselves) reduce your usage, they just let you understand how much energy you’re using a little better, which can help people keep tabs on their usage a bit better. I wouldn’t rely on a smart meter to decrease your usage though. Perhaps you could see if there’s something in your property which is using more energy than it should, e.g. something that should be turning on and off overnight but is instead on permanently?