Smart meter installation - no tab on my app

i’ve been with bulb for 4years now, i have smart meters that were installed by british gas in 2017 but they dont “talk” to the display monitor which i’d briiish has issued.are these meters compatible with bulbs smarter meter display? or do i need a new smart meter installed??

Bulb do not care if meters working they are happy just getting your money every month they promise a great service but in many many cases they fall short.

1 Like

Hey Lala

You have first generation smart meters and up until recently, these were only smart with the supplier who installed them. We’ve been working on upgrading all of these meters so that we can start communicating with them. This has been happening over the last year and will continue this year. You’ll receive an email letting you know when we’ve been able to turn your meters smart again.

Thanks for your patience.

–Carl :bulb:

Hi, I am a registered EV user with Bulb and have been trying to change to the new EV tariff, but it seems that as I have an old Gen1 smart meter installed by British Gas over 10 years ago, it isn’t compatible, how do we sort this out?

Bulb sorted my electric smet 1 meter but gas meter does not work.
I have lost count of calls made to bulb and no 2 people say the same thing, Bulb used to be good butnow pretty darn bad and good customer service workers are in the minority now.

Hi @SamV :wave: Welcome to Community,

It would be a case of waiting for us to be able to connect your smart meter up to the new smart network. This is happening currently but I cannot give a timeframe on when yours will be connected.

Hi @patjune50 :wave:

I can see we moved your electricity smart meter onto the DCC network, this brings its communication in line with the newer version of smart meters. We are working on doing this for your gas as well but it has not yet moved over. It does appear that during this migration period the smart readings have stopped sending. While we wait for this to happen you will need to continue sending manual reads for gas. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by this

– KT :bulb: