Smart Meter Installation

Hello. Its been almost a month since I had both meters changed to smart meters. My small digital thing that tells me how much I use works fine but when I log into my bulb account have to just two ‘smart’ readings for electricity and nothing for Gas. Not even a final reading by the Siemens installer logged on the account. The meters are right next to each other. I remember the installer saying to me on the day that the gas can take 24-48 hours to finish acquiring signal but now 1 month down the line and I cant see any readings being done automatically in my account. Any ideas? I should also say I was last billed back in May and haven’t paid anything for June or July… not sure if this is also to do with the meters messing up perhaps? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Alex

Hey Alex,
This isn’t necessarily something to worry about. Your In Home Display shows what you use day to day (live usage might not include standing charge, so bare that in mind).
Yes, in terms of Bulb communicating with your smart meter it will take up to 24-48 hours, but the readings the engineer took, and your new meter reads need to be ‘validated’ by an independent third party (checking and updating the national database). This can take up to 4-6 weeks, and is a normal industry process. As electric & gas is done separately, this would explain why you only have electric showing. Gas should show within the next few weeks, so no need to worry. Billing will resume as normal after it’s all sorted =)
IF you it still shows this way by September, I would give them a call to check the gas meter is communicating/configured.
Hope that helps!

Oh, and regarding your DD payments, they should continue as normal to cover the period you’ve not been billed? I’d double check your bank account.