Smart Meter installed in September 2019 - Gas readings still not being transmitted

Hi

We had a smart meter installed in August 2019. Although the electricity readings are being sent to Bulb, the Gas readings have never been sent automatically. Gas usage is not displayed on the IHD either despite being re-booted several times. I reported this in September 2019 and was told that “The smart team are looking into these issues and are working on fixes for remote commissioning” but since then I have heard nothing.

I am therefore having to submit manual gas readings, which makes a nonsense of having a smart meter. Please could you advise when this problem is likely to be resolved

Hey @lois.m Welcome back to community and thanks for your recent post.

We really value the feedback on the smart installations and we are sorry that the gas is not commissioned yet.

There are various, complex errors that could have occurred during the commissioning process, and we’re investigating why these may happen and finding a fix. Although we cannot confirm at the moment which error your commissioning hit, I’ll explain our two most common ones.

The first error we are facing is connecting meters to the Home Area Network, which links the meters and the communications hub. If your meters fail to join this network, we cannot communicate with them or receive their readings.
The second error is uploading Bulb’s security credentials onto the meter. If we’re unable to upload our credentials, we leave the meter in a dumb mode for security reasons.

We’re working on remotely solving the root cause of these errors but I am going to raise your case with our SMART team, I will email you confirmation of this as well.

Best,
Carl

Thanks Carl

I would appreciate a swift resolution to this as it’s now been 16 months since the smart meter was installed and I raised the issue shortly after installation.

Best Regards

Lois