Smart meter is a Waste of time

Smart meter installed yesterday. Now saying the reading is unavailable. Also not very environmentally friendly having to plug it into the electric for it to work. Absolutely pointless and uslesless in my opinion.

Smart meter installed yesterday. Now saying the reading is unavailable. Also not very environmentally friendly having to plug it into the electric for it to work. Absolutely pointless and uslesless in my opinion.

Was it your choice to have the meter installed?

It was. But only because I felt that I should have it installed because of the emails about having one. If I could reverse my decision, I would. I don’t really see the point of your question.

Absolutely pointless and uslesless in my opinion
For the moment yes, fortunately I spent some time reading up about them and came to the conclusion that there are too many unsolved technical issues so sticking with the old for now. I do believe they have a future but certainly not in the next couple of years. Personally I feel the public have been mislead by dubious marketing about savings and by whatever the governments agenda is/was to get them in every household.
Absolutely pointless and uslesless in my opinion
For the moment yes, fortunately I spent some time reading up about them and came to the conclusion that there are too many unsolved technical issues so sticking with the old for now. I do believe they have a future but certainly not in the next couple of years. Personally I feel the public have been mislead by dubious marketing about savings and by whatever the governments agenda is/was to get them in every household.

I totally agree. I wasted a days holiday yesterday to have a useless piece of technology installed. But hopefully it will improve. Just a shame they don’t improve it firstly without giving false pretences. I have unplugged it now as it will save me a bit more not having it plugged in with useless information.

It was. But only because I felt that I should have it installed because of the emails about having one. If I could reverse my decision, I would. I don't really see the point of your question.

The point of my question was due to the fact there were so many threads on this forum about smart meter issues how did you miss those before opting for the smart meter?

I had three emails asking some months ago if I wanted smart meters, these were ignored as it was obvious from the posts there were issues?.

I have been using a Loop Energy Monitor for about 3 years now which gives me all the feedback and information I require without the ‘big brother’ necessity of being hard-wired to an energy supplier which possibly affects the consumers ability to search out and swap to the best deals. There are possibly some savings to be made in the early months (esp Winter months) but once you stop overfilling your kettle, change to led lights and stop leaving appliances on standby that is about it on the ‘leccy’ and you’ll find your usage is quite flat across the year. The big potential savings are on gas 'cos this is where all the kWh usage is but gas fires and central heating usage is determined by the weather and you can’t do much about that. The fact that these things have been marketed so aggressively as some sort of panacea and then the kit itself is rubbish is an absolute disgrace. I wouldn’t touch one with the proverbial bargepole!