Smart meter is no longer sending meter readings automatically

My smart meter is no longer sending meter readings automatically and it hasn’t been working since 01/04/2022.

Can I request a reboot of both my smart meters please?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @vinnycheung,

Welcome to community and thank you for posting :wave:t4:

We’re unable to talk to your meters right now due to a connection issue with the Communications Hub (comms hub) which sits on top of your electricity meter. This hub is the part of your meter setup that sends readings to Bulb and to your in-home display. Your in-home display may be repeatedly restarting because of this.

We’ve requested for your comms hub to be remotely rebooted, which usually helps re-establish the connection so this can take 2-3 weeks. Your smart meters and IHD should go back to normal after the reboot completes. If you don’t see any improvement after this time, please let us know and I’ll check up on the reboot request for you.

In the meantime, please send us manual readings to make sure your statements are accurate.

All the best,
–Suki :hibiscus:

I’ve had the same problem with getting usage info since 21st march. When can i expect it to be working again. Its not good enough bulb. Forget excuses lets see solutions please. I’m sick of being cold because i’m too scared to put the heating on because I’m unable to see the cost of what I am using. It was working perfectly fine prior to 21st march.

1 Like

Hi, I have like everyone else had problems with my smart meter for the last few months. I can see im now being charged as per readings but the smart meter itself is not showing the figures - please can you advise how to resolve this?
Thanks

I asked a similar question regarding my smart meter two days ago. No response from Bulb.
I’m beginning to think you are avoiding me!

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue with my gas since the 20th Feb 2022. I also haven’t been able to get through to anyone at blub to get this issue fixed. We’ve reduced usage since we can’t see how much were using. What’s going on Blub?

Hi @victoria.h :wave:t4:

I can see my colleague is still working on your account. The only true way to calculate your usage is to take readings from the meter itself. This is how we issue your statement, so please review this if you wish to keep a close eye on your usage. Community isn’t a live chat facility so response times may vary, if you need urgent assistance then please call us on 0300 303 0635.

Hi @josephinelowe204 :wave:t4:

Sorry to hear that you are not able to review your cost and usage, may I ask if you have connected to the wifi ? You can review how to connect here Please do a hard reset on your in home display if this has not updated.

Method 1

• Hold the reset button for 15s. This gives the IHD a hard reset

Method 2

• Unplug the IHD and let it run completely out of power
  • Restart the IHD using the button at the back, making sure it is still unplugged
  • The emergency power reserve will need to drain also, so let this happen
  • Try to restart the IHD again. If it turns on, it still has power that needs to drain so let it run down
  • Once the IHD cannot turn on any more, recharge it and turn it on
  • The IHD should now work

Hi @Liz22 :wave:t4: I am very sorry if you had already posted , I can see we are switching you over to a 1 rate tariff with your smart. Once the switch has fully completed you should be able to locate this on your in home display.

Hi @ebj123 Welcome to community and thank you for posting. :wave:t4:

Do you mean you cannot see your usage on your on your in home display? Your in home display should show your current energy usage, if it isn’t showing this date, the following steps should get your in home display up and running. Please click here for the checks.

–Suki :hibiscus:

Hi,

Our smart meters are still not functioning and sending meter readings to you after you had ‘rebooted’ them on the 26/04.

Can you escalate this please, thank you

Hi @vinnycheung :wave:

It can take a few weeks after this for us to start receiving the smart meter readings again. If there are still no readings being sent after 6 weeks then please get in touch with us again.

Best,

Jenny :star: