Smart Meter Issues and Customer Service awful

We had smart meters fitted on the 13th June and we are still being estimated for electricity (with the old serial number) as they have not added the new smart meter to the account. The IHD works when it feels like it and we have contacted bulb several times in regards to this issue as we cannot submit readings easily as out meter is fitted in an awful place and they would not be for the right meter also. Tried contacting bulb via the chat and it is awful. I spent nearly 30 mins waiting for replies after they asked for the account details and to be told information that i had been told twice previously.

Yes i am aware that bills will be revised once the issue is sorted but why should we continue paying over the odd estimates (nearly double what we used last month) because they cannot seem to add a meter onto the account. Repeatedly told it has been reported to the smart team of which we have never been contacted by that team and we are now 6 weeks down the line with no sign of this problem being fixed.

After a quick search it seems that 1 in 4 customers from bulb are having issues going back to january, so why continue to install them knowing the amount of issues that they were having. Anyone else having these amount of issues since having smart meters installed??

Still getting estimated readings 19 weeks after installation. They did eventually get the IHD working though.

Do what I did login and cut your direct debit payment. I’ve lopped £30 off mine. My IHD is working and I know precisely what my monthly cost is. I will not let the credit get too large. If you already have a huge credit balance I recommend you scale it back to a nominal £10. HTH.

Hi @steve82

Thanks for the feedback. I’m sorry that your meter is not working as it should be. It’s frustrating - we understand that.

You shouldn’t be left waiting on chat for 30 mins. That sounds unusual so I’ll take a look into why that happened.

Some of the problems our members are experiencing with smart meters are not something we can fix right now. Our installation success rates have improved greatly but there are some fixes that Bulb and the rest of the energy industry are waiting on. The IHD intermittently working is one of these issues - the manufactures are patching up a fix.

I can see that Louis C has addressed the issue with your meter readings. I’m sorry that we’re unable to use them on your statements. As @IBUM370 has said, you’re able to changed your direct debit payment at any point. However, we don’t recommend lowering it too much as your usage is unlikely to have changed when the meter was installed.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Eleanor

Smart Meters - Stupid People! The ONLY thing these devices do is allow the supplier to cut you off so any dispute or even a day late they can cut your supply and there is NOTHING you can do about it! But of course you can complain to XXXXXX - try using your PC and your printer!!! LMAO!!!

Smart Meters - Stupid People! The ONLY thing these devices do is allow the supplier to cut you off so any dispute or even a day late they can cut your supply and there is NOTHING you can do about it! But of course you can complain to XXXXXX - try using your PC and your printer!!! LMAO!!!
For anyone interested in facts: https://ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/who-contact-if-its-difficult-paying-energy-bills/energy-supply-disconnection-and-prepayment-meter-rules

Couldn’t agree more, absolute joke waiting for a response from Bulb. Smart meter fitted in early June, IHD has never worked and now i am informed that the meters are not even sending readings to Bulb, i get instructions to read the meters and seems that they are not even working… cant wait for the dispute on my bill!!!

Hi @steve82

Some of the problems our members are experiencing with smart meters are not something we can fix right now. Our installation success rates have improved greatly but there are some fixes that Bulb and the rest of the energy industry are waiting on. The IHD intermittently working is one of these issues - the manufactures are patching up a fix.

Best,
Eleanor

Excuses, excuses. For those members whose smart readings are appearing in their account I see no reason why they can’t be processed. For those customers the difficult part, (getting readings on to their account), has been done. Processing the data is entirely down to Bulb. So tell us why you are falling down on on your part of the process, and please no more corporate speak PR rubbish.

So tell us why you are falling down on on your part of the process, and please no more corporate speak PR rubbish.

It’s quite simple. Their codebase is nearly bankrupt with technical debt and they’re currently rebuilding the whole platform from scratch in a different language.

Absolute Disgrace Bulb!. Been waiting since January for them to fix my IHD as its still not connected since the Siemens Engineer installed it!.

The prices they charge me, are whatever they feel like charging and have promised me a refund when it works!!!. They must owe around £1000 by now!. I have spoken to over 10-15 different operators and they are all as useless as each other and tell you what you want to hear. I want my meter working!!!.

I will not be recommending Bulb to anyone now and will go out of my way to make sure others dont either.

Shame on you Bulb

It’s quite simple. Their codebase is nearly bankrupt with technical debt and they’re currently rebuilding the whole platform from scratch in a different language.

And anyone who has ever worked in software engineering will have an inkling of what a massive job that is! Makes me feel quite nostalgic thinking about my days writing technical specs, coding, beta testing and end user training in a corporate environment!

And anyone who has ever worked in software engineering will have an inkling of what a massive job that is! Makes me feel quite nostalgic thinking about my days writing technical specs, coding, beta testing and end user training in a corporate environment!

Oh yes, don’t get me wrong, I’m in no way implying it’s easy or trivial. Quite the opposite. It’s just a factual statement that likely explains why everything is so terrible right now, why it isn’t going to improve for quite some time, and that when this new platform does eventually come online it’ll either be brilliant or the end of the company. Interesting times or anyone investing in Bulb.

Can I ask why you are still fitting them while there are a huge number of issues with them. Our electric is being estimated off a meter we no longer have fitted, the serial number is not that of the new meter.

We get told that they can’t get the electric Meter readings… Well obviously you can’t off the meter that is still registered on the account as it’s not a smart meter.

Yes I’m aware of the function to cut the dd but I don’t see why we shoud keep changing it when bulb will just adjust it back because the estimates are more than we currently use.

Louis C has not solved anything with our meter readings, or if he has it has jot been communicated with us which again is poor service.

I think we will be looking to move elsewhere now if I am honest.

they do it (still doing it) because they put money before customer service as they get fined by ofcom if not meeting their install target

no different from any other company really were profit comes before everything else, no matter what the warm fuzzy rhetoric

the directors here are worse than others because they give the laid back impression of being ethical before profit, atleast the others show their true faces :slight_smile:

A change of mind - comment removed.