Smart Meter Location

Hello,

I got my smart meter installed last week. My meter is located downstairs and my IHD constantly shows “Connection lost”. I thought connecting it to WiFi would address this issue but didn’t help.

Is the only way to see values on UHD keeping it close to the meter or is there any way to get them over the Internet via WiFi?

Thanks.

Hello,

I got my smart meter installed last week. My meter is located downstairs and my IHD constantly shows “Connection lost”. I thought connecting it to WiFi would address this issue but didn’t help.

Is the only way to see values on UHD keeping it close to the meter or is there any way to get them over the Internet via WiFi?

Thanks.

There is no way to get readings over internet or via Wi-Fi.

OK, thanks. My IHD will probably be useless then. Anyway, at least I won’t have to submit meter readings every month.

Taco, you still may have to submit meter readings!

Taco, you still may have to submit meter readings!

I don’t think we have to. I’ve found this article here https://bulb.co.uk/blog/smart-meter-update-mar-2019

which says

“They send accurate data about your energy usage to your Bulb account automatically. This means your monthly statements are based on actual usage, and you don’t need to take meter readings any more.”

If I still have to submit readings then it was all for nothing for me!