Smart meter monitor

Had my smart meters fitted on 15/4/19 and the engineer set up my monitor and told me it would display my usage data etc once it had aquired the data from my meters. It is now the 17/4/19 and the monitor still displays “waiting for current data” I have turned the monitor off and on, checked the signal strength, which is good and checked the manual but that only details basic functions so not much help in trouble shooting. Anyone got any other ideas, I know the monitor is not essential but what’s the point in having it if it don’t work.

Hope you don’t mind me mentioning but have checked any other threads on this forum relating to smart meters.?

Alan, there are plenty of threads but this forum is clunky and not in the least user friendly.

I’m another one waiting for my IHD to kick in. The person I spoke to on the phone told me not to worry I could still send readings! Utterly ridiculous. Very unimpressed with Bulb’s handling of this issue and I would never have even considered a smart meter if I had been ‘smart’ enough to peruse these forums before agreeing to it.

@Finty, whether or not the IHD works, so long as the smart meter is connected to the DCC network, you shouldn’t need to send readings manually - they should be being submitted automatically.

Smart meter readings are getting to bulb but are not currently making it onto the billing system, hence estimated readings.

Unfortunately my electricity smart meter is not sending readings to bulb - the gas is and I can see info displayed on the IHD but no electricity data. I’ve spoken to bulb numerous times, complained to Siemens too but there is no timescale for a fix. I too wish I’d read these forums first as I’d never would have gone ahead but waited for the problems to be ironed out. It’s all about bulb meeting government targets for smart meter installations otherwise they are penalised.

Alan, there are plenty of threads but this forum is clunky and not in the least user friendly.

I won’t disagree with the chunky aspect this is something we have been asking to have resolved for a while. My query however still stands in that I wonder if posters don’t bother to have a quick check to see if similar threads exist before posting their query?

@Finty, whether or not the IHD works, so long as the smart meter is connected to the DCC network, you shouldn't need to send readings manually - they should be being submitted automatically.

Exactly! Which just indicates the person who answered my call is clueless.

I recently switched to Bulb from First. Can Bulb read my smart meter that was installed by Siemens?