Smart meter - moving from OVO to Buln

I am on Economy 7 and have just had a SMETS2 smart meter and Gas meter and IHD installed with OVO and am considering moving to Bulb.

Will my functionality be same as with OVO - I can view on their portal daily use? But not the day and night elec seperated.

Will the OVO supplied IHD work same with Bulb or do Bulb provide a different IHD?

I appreciate any help you can provide to answer these queries. Thanks

Your SEMTS2 meter should work, but Bulb are having general SMETS2 problems right now.

The Bulb portal isn’t great, but they’re working on it slowly.

The bigger problem you have is that Bulb do not currently offer E7 via any sort of smart meter. They have a three-rate “smart tariff” but that’s currently available only to customers with compatible SMETS1 meters.

The bigger problem you have is that Bulb do not currently offer E7 via any sort of smart meter. They have a three-rate "smart tariff" but that's currently available only to customers with compatible SMETS1 meters.

I have just switched to a SMETS2 meter on the explicit reassurance from Bulb that the smart tariff is available for SMETS2 meters, having seen the same statements made in the community forums before. I’ll update this thread if/when they do switch me to the smart tariff now that the meter is installed and my IHD is working.