Smart Meter - No Rate 2 and not connected to Bulb

Hi there,

I recently had a smart meter installed by an engineer on 30/12/21. I have an economy 7 tariff so my usage is split between night and day usage.

I received an email yesterday saying the smart meter has not been successfully connected to Bulb. Not sure why as it has a WAN connection (flashing every 5 seconds) and strong signal on the display.

The email said I must now send in meter reads myself. That’s fine, although there is no rate 2 when I cycle through the different menus on the meter. I use more electricity at night because I have a immersion heater for water. I don’t want to be charged day rate for this which is what is going to happen.

Can an engineer be arranged to fix this the rate 2 issues and connect my smart meter to Bulb please? The smart aspect of the meter was going to be particularly useful because my meter is in a hard to access area in the block of flats and I have chronic back problems making it very difficult to bend down and read.

Thanks,
Andy :slight_smile:

Hi @NOOTNOOT and welcome to the community :tada:

If you follow the instructions here about How to read your meter you should be able to get up both readings. If you are still unable to, please do send a video of you cycling through the screens to help@bulb.co.uk and we can check the meter and give further instructions if necessary.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

– Robyn :bulb: