Smart meter not properly commissioned πŸ™„

So last week we had smart meters for both our Gas and Electric installed. The Siemens engineer completed the commissioning of the electric meter but said there was a problem connecting the gas meter. He tried for half an hour or so to get our new gas meter to connect to Bulb but after several phone calls he said he would have to leave the final stage for me to complete with bulb over the phone. He told me it was as simple as me phoning Bulb and then they will give me details over the phone as to what to press on the front of the meter to finish the commissioning. He even explained that bulb would ask me to press button A and then button B followed by button A (or something to that effect) and that would be it. I phoned Bulb twice and both operators had no idea what this engineer was talking about. They told me they are aware of the problem commissioning my gas meter and I will have to wait for a possible β€œover the air” update to my meter which they hope to complete by the end of the year. Has anybody else had a similar experience. I feel like the engineer has mislead me so he could escape and get to his next job :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I was told exactly the same by the engineer. He also said my electricity meter was connecting but the gas wasn’t. In fact neither are connected. This was in August and Bulb still haven’t managed to fix it.

How frustrating!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: