Smart Meter not sending readings help

Hello. You installed smart meters at my property in October 2021. My meters are not sending you regular readings - just periodically. I have an electric vehicle and can’t switch to your EV tariff due to this issue. Can you please help?

Hey @scottmurray and welcome to the community :wave:

I have just had a look at the account and it looks like we are in the process of switching you to the EV tariff. This can take up to 5 days.

– Robyn :bulb:

Thanks Robyn. This is the third attempt of trying to switch to your EV tariff. Can you please confirm that my smart meters are now working correctly? Thank you.

Hey @scottmurray

We have received recent readings from both your meters. If we are unable to switch you to an EV tariff this time, it may be worth updating your reading frequency to daily. This often works into updating the smart meter so we receive frequent readings.

Have tried changing the frequency, but to no avail. Currently, my meters should be sending you reading every half an hour - but they are not.

Your colleague Holly, had been looking into the issue in December. Can you please check and confirm that everything is now working correctly.

Hey @scottmurray

Your settings are set up for half hourly. These readings are not automatically updated to our billing system as this would overload it. Instead the billing system takes the readings around your billing date.

I cannot see that there is any issue here with your smart readings currently. The last readings on our system for both meters are smart reads.

Okay, thanks for the update Robyn. Hopefully my switch to your EV tariff will go through this time!

Hi @Robyn_at_Bulb,

How is my switch to your EV tariff going? Third time lucky :four_leaf_clover:

Hi Scott :wave:

I’m really sorry to say that we won’t be able to switch you to the EV tariff because the connection to your meter isn’t strong enough. It looks like Holly from the EV team emailed you on Friday with an update.

– Meg :bulb: