Smart Meter Not Sending Readings - Help!

Good Morning,

We had smart meters installed more than a couple of years ago now. Since then, while our electricity meter has diligently uploaded readings, the gas meter has never successfully uploaded a reading and we’ve had to continue to enter these manually each month.

I see from other posts here that this appears to be a common issue! Please would it be possible for someone to investigate this problem for us?

Many Thanks,

Matt

Hi @MCVee :wave: Welcome to the Community! :partying_face:

Sorry to hear about the gas meter not sending a read. I’ve had a look over your account and made some updates to the meter configuration that should hopefully let us pick up the gas reads.

I recommend giving this about 3-5 working days for this to take effect, but please let us know below if you don’t start to see smart reads or usage info in your Bulb account :point_down:

Best,
Ollie :musical_note:

Hello, Ollie. Our smart meters are not sending readings either. Our IHD works fine, but Bulb is not receiving the readings. Can you investigate too? Thanks! Scott

@OllieN_at_bulb I’m afraid having waited the 5 days the meter readings still seem to be failing. :slightly_frowning_face:

Is there anything else you can try?

@OllieN_at_bulb, sorry to hassle but are you able to provide any update on this?

Thank you!

Hi @MCVee, Unfortunately, as everything on your account is set up correctly there is nothing more we can try to get the readings through. Hopefully, with future updates, the meter will start communicating with Bulb.

I am sorry I couldn’t be of more help here.

– KT :bulb:

Hi @scottmurray :wave:

I have taken a look at your account and everything for your smart meters is set up correctly.

There does appear to be a communications fault with the meters, this requires a remote reboot however this should be done by your local smart network operator every few weeks to try and get the meters connected. This is not something we can request from our end.

With this when the reboot works the meters should start communication with Bulb again.

Thanks,
– KT :bulb: