Smart meter not sending readings since sept 2020

My smart meters and IHD. worked fine until September last year. Then they both stopped sending readings to Bulb andthe IHD stopped working also.

I contacted BULB who remote reset then without an engineer on 8/10/20. it didn’t work.

I recontacted and they tried reset again in November. it didn’t work. they told me

the network was the problem …There are a few problems on the smart network that can cause reboots to fail right now. The network operators and meter manufacturers are working on solutions to these and other connectivity issues right now and will be rolling out fixes as soon as they’re ready.)

Gas came back sending readings in december 2020 and the IHD worked for Gas. it’s still ok.

ELECTRIC. still does not send readings to Bulb or the IHD How do i get BULB to send an engineer to sort it ?

i tried as a complaint because i keep getting the same email starting > We’re unable to talk to your meters right now due to a connection issue with the Communications Hub (comms hub) which sits on etc

Bulb sent me this email yet again on 6/4/21

i’ve been with bulb quite a while and i actually do like being a BULB customer
but i have no idea how to get help from
then to sort the smart bit of the electric meter ! can anyone help and advise please ?

smart meters should be withdrawn as bad idea, they are not smart and put meter readers out of work.

My dad his removed because they tripped the electrics out when sending meter readings and I have several customers that have had similar issues.

has to be said smart meters are not smart they do not save you the customer any money other than tariff your on maybe.

Not only that to save money on electric or gas you need more efficient appliances, bulbs, or switch unused items off.

Hi @Ands1, unfortunately we’re not sending out engineers to take a look at these issues, as there’s no guarantee that this would be able to fix the issue. I can see that we did successfully reboot your Comms hub, but the issue persisted, so this does signal that there may be a different issue causing this.

We are looking into these issues with the meter manufacturers and meter operators, so once we have fixes for these, we will be rolling them out. I’m sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Hi @MadWayne, we do still need meter readers to check meters, so even though smart meters do send readings themselves, we still have manual meter readers to check these and also to take readings for those without without smart meters.

Having a smart meter doesn’t affect your tariff with us, it merely works as a regular meter that sends readings automatically so you don’t have to. However, one of the benefits of smart meters is that it comes with an IHD that allows members to be more aware of their energy usage, which in turn, helps them to save money.