Smart meter not sending readings Still

Hi @martynsimo1

We’re not ignoring you, but as @Diana_at_Bulb explained above, if after multiple attempts the smart network operators are unable to successfully reboot your meters, this means the issue cannot be fixed immediately.

There are a few problems on the smart network that can cause reboots to fail right now. The network operators and meter manufacturers are working on solutions to these and other connectivity issues right now and will be rolling out fixes as soon as they’re ready. There’s nothing you need to do to get the fix, it will automatically be sent out to your devices and they will start communicating on their own.

– H :bulb:

Ok so going on the time scale so far what we looking at? Couple of years or so? Seems I need to be a little more patient it’s only been since October 2020. What a joke.

Bulb wont do anything. They have promised me twice -Im going to write to You and Yours on Radio 4 -join me?

Hi @dewi.sion7,

I am sorry that you are experiencing issues with your account.

I’ve just taken a look into your account and it looks like there is a billing delay on your account that we’re currently looking into a fix for. As soon as we are able to get this resolved, we’ll send you an email and can compensate for the delay.

Please let me know if you’d like me to send you an email with more detail.

Georgie

So when are you going to sort my smart meter out…this is *_##ing boring now. Stop bull crapping me and come and fix it or send me a new one.

Hey @martynsimo1

We did request a ‘comms hub reboot’ for you in Feb to fix connectivity issues we were having with your smart meters. Unfortunately this failed and the smart network operators were unable to successfully reboot your metering set up. This means that the issue won’t be fixed immediately.

There are a few problems on the smart network that can cause reboots to fail right now. The network operators and meter manufacturers are working on solutions to these and other connectivity issues right now and fixes will be rolled out remotely when they’re ready. We’ll be in touch to advise you on what to do next if it’s ever necessary.

In the meantime, please make sure to keep sending us manual readings to make sure your statements are accurate :relaxed:

Sadly I’m in a similar boat to the folks on here. Although my smart gas readings have been submitting fine (and data shows on my IHD), for over a year now I’ve had no electric smart readings (or data on the IHD) - despite numerous comms hub reboots. The fact that the comms hub is part of the electric meter makes this all very odd, and frustrating.

I don’t get a reminder from Bulb near bill date to take a reading now so have to remember to submit manual readings or have inaccurate estimates used instead…

Things did work fine - but I’m stuck in limbo now, really not sure when things will be fixed/addressed. Glad I’m not alone, but it would be great to know what kind of progress is being made to address these problems given the amount of time that has passed with no change.

@squidgemonster hello :wave:

Your smart elec meter was sending us readings but dropped off the Home Area Network as well- a bit like the ones above. However with yours, the smart network operators successfully rebooted your metering set up, but it looks like we’re still having some trouble talking to your meters so we’ll have to await the fixes as well. This will be fixable, it is a priority for the industry to do so, it’s just that the timeline on this isn’t set at the moment as we have to work with the DCC to make sure these are sorted.

If you submit a meter reading that’s lower than an estimate, this is corrected within the next bill but a good way to remember is by your billing dates- so yours are on the 5th of every month so try and send us a reading on the 4th :relaxed:

Thanks for the clarifications - that’s probably the clearest summary and response to my series of unfortunate events that I’ve had over the past year, so it’s very much appreciated.

As/when these fixes come out, will we be notified, or be required to carry out any additional steps?

It would be reassuring to know as/when there are updates and when the fix(es) have been applied so they can be looked out for.

@squidgemonster i’m glad to hear the explanation helped a bit!

For sure I completely understand that. We should let you know the smart meter is sending readings again- but you will also be able to see this in the Bulb Account as readings are listed as Smart/Reads instead of Customer Read or Bulb Account Read. Just so you know if you see it on a bill!