Smart meter not sending readings Still

anyone else having issues with their ihd not displaing a usage figure for gas it did this for 2 weeks last month now its doing it again the last 4 days unimpressed

Hi @musicdoctor

We’re receiving smart meter readings from both your meters- The range of the HAN (which the IHD connects to) is about 15m, but this can be obstructed by things like thick walls and doors. This can stop your smart meter from communicating with your IHD.

Please could you follow this link and fill in the details of the issue?

Once you’ve sent that in we’ll try and fix your IHD overnight, so it should start working within 24 hours. Make sure you keep your IHD turned on and within 5m of your electricity meter overnight and restart it in the morning if nothing has changed.

If this doesn’t work, please try following the steps in your Bulb account again on a different date (the fix sometimes works the second time). If it’s still not working after 2 attempts, let us know.

Please also make sure you keep your IHD connected to Wi-Fi to receive the firmware upgrades as they get released by the manufacturer :relaxed:

– H :bulb:

this was done on thursfay and saturday the ihb is sat on top of cupboard the meter is in and is connected to the wifi

Would be good if the physical meter actual let me move off the initial screen… But now it looks like a meter fault… lets see how long it takes to fix…

Do you actually provide anything that works??? apart from taking peoples money??

Is everything sorted and working now?

– Daisy :bulb:

Hi @mozzahome,

I’m sorry you’re having ongoing issues with your meter. We want to get this sorted for you ASAP.

If you have a meter with a digital screen and a keypad, you might need to push a button to wake up the screen. Will the buttons allow you to flick through the different screens?
You can read how to read your meter here.

If the screen has gone blank, there are a few things we would need to check before adding you to the ‘faulty smart meter’ list.

Hi @Daisy_at_Bulb

It has already been logged and passed by the customer services team to get an engineer out to it, as I emailed a photo of the screen and its a know fault code.

None of the buttons on the Meter work not even to bring on a backlight…

So just waiting on an engineer and an appointment time, hopefully sooner rather than later…

Brilliant news. I’m glad the team could help.

How unfortunate.

I’m sure they will send through the appointment time very soon. Let me know if not and I can chase for you.

no its still not working

no its still showing no gas reading ive recoonected the wifi by removing and reconnecting it

Hi @musicdoctor

I’m sorry to hear that the fix hasn’t worked in your case. A few in-home displays have been having issues that cannot be fixed by re-pairing them to the meters, which is all we’re able to do at Bulb. In some cases, once the meters and the in-home display have been paired, re-running these commands doesn’t fix the problem.

We’ve investigated several different types of reported issue and have raised them all with the device manufacturers. We then ran some in depth analysis together on some of the affected devices to try and pinpoint the root cause. This has given the device manufacturers some really useful information - they are currently using this to get to the root cause of the problems and will then release firmware updates that will to get affected in-home displays up and running.

Although they’re making progress, it will still take some time to fix these issues that we’re still dealing with.

So sorry again that your IHD isn’t working as expected, and thanks for your patience with this so far.

-CJ

Mine has stopped working as well and the latest readings say estimated. Buggy is an understatement.

1 Like

Hi @HamsterHam

Thanks for your post. :wave:

I just had a look over your account, unfortunately it looks like we are having some connection issues with your communications hub, as this is where we communicate with your meters this will be why we aren’t receiving readings.

I just requested the communication hub be rebooted in an effort to connect with it again. This can take up to 6 weeks to complete.

Did you have any questions about this process ?

Ele :bulb:

@Ele_at_Bulb Thanks, however I can’t even submit a manual electricity reading though as the display just keeps going on and off and the buttons don’t do anything. Will this also fix that?