Smart meter not sending readings

I got my smart meter on the 5th of June. A reading was taken by the engeneer on the day. I was supposed to receive a statement on the 14th of June for the electricity I used 14th of May to 14th of June but the smart money didint send the data over so I didnt. I keep making direct debits but I haven’t been charged any money or received any statement since the 14th of May. Is my leter broken? Who should I contact?

You can send manual meter readings to help@bulb.co.uk or try phoning 0300 30 30 635 (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm). Once Bulb have up-to-date readings you should receive a statement at next billing cycle and be debited.

I had my smart meters installed on 18th March and have yet to have a single reading reach Bulb. Your other option is to reduce direct debit monthly payment to minimum £5 and wait for the generation 2 issues to be resolved (could take months or years).

Your other option is to reduce direct debit monthly payment to minimum £5 and wait for the generation 2 issues to be resolved (could take months or years).

This could have serious implications with the customer building up a large debit.

True, I should have stated with proviso that a cash fund should be separately built up to cover the eventual higher monthly bills or final leaving cost. In my case that saved cash is earning interest for me versus none if paid by direct debit.