Smart meter not smart

Been happy with bulb but disappointed the smart meter doesn’t work for gas - feels like they are just rushing through ticking government target boxes - in 6 weeks I intend to switch if this is not sorted out - this is poor service and I’m now feeling ignored

Interesting. My SmartMeter works for gas but not electricity.

Five months after smart meter installation, still no sign of gas usage on the in home display. Problem being the engineer who installed the meters never commissioned the gas meter. Numerous emails and calls to Bulb have been pointless. At one stage I was told I need to be more patient!

I lodged a complaint to Bulb on the 23rd December, this has also been ignored. Next step will be Ofgen.

Hope you have better luck than me

Our meter only works for gas. Not good :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

Ombudsman rather than OFGEM

Make sure you follow the process as in: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001228431-Making-a-complaint

One of many I know but my meter was installed in jan 2020 and now at the end of June my meter is still dumb and I seem to be fobbed off with “routine” email responses.
Im thinking of escalating this to a formal complaint. has anyone done this and has it been successful? can anyone point me in the direction of such a formal complaints form and or procedure?
Thanks

Hi @brucej049

Welcome to Community :grinning:

I’m really sorry to hear your meter hasn’t been commissioned yet. I can see you’ve got an open email thread with Elliott and he has already opened a complaint for you. I’m going to drop him a message now and ask that this case be escalated for you as I understand this has been going on for quite a while now.

Continuing the discussion from Smart meter not smart:

One of many I know but my meter was installed in jan 2020 and now at the end of June my meter is still dumb and I seem to be fobbed off with “routine” email responses.
Im thinking of escalating this to a formal complaint. has anyone done this and has it been sucessful? can anyone point me in the direction of such a formal complaints form?
Thanks

Hi @brucej049,

We’re able to escalate this complaint internally, as I know you’re not happy with the resolution we’ve offered you so far. We don’t have a formal complaint form for this, but I’ve given my colleague a nudge to escalate this complaint for you.

My smart meters were installed in April last year, the electric one became smart for a few months at the end of last year then stopped again. My gas meter never became smart :slightly_frowning_face: