Smart meter not submitting electricity readings only gas

I have a problem with my smart meter in Oxfordshire. You have not received the last two electric readings and my IHD doesn’t show any electric details at all, only gas. All WiFi, IHD, etc appears to be working normally.

1 Like

Hi @jaybee1,

I just took a look into your account and I have identified the issue causing your electricity meter to not send us readings, it is because your electricity meter has fallen off from your home area network (HAN).

I’ve just sent a request off to the DCC to re-establish the connection between your meter and your HAN, since you live in Oxfordshire, this request takes 3-4 weeks to be actioned. But do get in contact with us if you wanted any updates!

Stay safe and warm :relaxed:

1 Like

Wont hold your breath about getting a reply from bulb.

I was told to email back if fault was not corrected.

No response what so ever.

Bulb does not appear to have adequate customer service.

As for the Robochat. What a joke that is.

Looking to leave shortly

Trevor

Hey @trevorvizor,

I’m really sorry to hear that you haven’t received a response yet to your email.

After looking into the issue, I see a comms hub reboot has also been requested for you, the results haven’t come back yet, which means the DCC haven’t actioned the reboot.

It does take 2-3 weeks, but they were not operating over Christmas, so this could partially explain why it hasn’t occurred within 3 weeks.

But I will ask my colleague to give you more frequent updates though. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Thanks for the update. All 5 lights are flashing on the unit above the electric box. Dont know what this means.

Your contact us system is way to complex.

Robot chat is joke.

Just thought I would feed that back.

Trevor

Hi @trevorvizor,

I do understand. The robot at the start of the live chat service is used to establish a general idea of what your enquiry may be, but it does indeed take you through to a member of the team shortly after where your enquiry can be discussed with us personally!

Thank you for this feedback though, we will relay this back to the team.

Kind regards,
Diana

I’ve got the same problem here jaybee - and have had for well over a year now, despite many contacts with Bulb and requests to restart the DCC connection. Eventually Bulb’s final response was this from last September:

"We requested a ‘comms hub reboot’ for you to fix connectivity issues we were having with your smart meters.

After multiple attempts, the smart network operators were unable to successfully reboot your metering set up. This means that the issue won’t be fixed immediately.

There are a few problems on the smart network that can cause reboots to fail right now. The network operators and meter manufacturers are working on solutions to these and other connectivity issues right now and will be rolling out fixes as soon as they’re ready. There’s nothing you need to do to get the fix, it will automatically be sent out to your devices and they will start communicating on their own.

We’ve made a note that your reboot wasn’t successful and will be in touch to advise you on next steps if it’s ever necessary."