Smart meter not workinb properly

Continuing the discussion from In-Home Display issue:

I have had the same issue since june everything stopped working for around 10 weeks they said about rebooting the comms but dont know if it was done,then all of a sudden the gas usage came back on,but still nk electric readings now there meant to be rebooting the comms again,i can only get the daytime unit come up on the meter so have to put made up readings for the night units,i think there is something wrong with the meter as since it stopped working my usage has gone up,someone was supposed to coming to look at the meter around 3 weeks ago on the friday between 10am and 2pm waited in all day and no one turned up,then it took 10 days to get back through to someone,if you fing no one answers all it says is email but no one emails back,they need go get there act into gear all they will be loosing customers

Hi @wilmshurstpeter

I’m sorry to hear your issues are still ongoing even following the reboot of your communications hub.

The smart network operators successfully rebooted your metering set up, but it looks like we’re still having some trouble talking to your meters.

There are a few types of connectivity issues that reboots can’t fix yet. The network operators and meter manufacturers are working on solutions to these right now and will be rolling out fixes as soon as they’re ready. There’s nothing you need to do to get the fix, it will automatically be sent out do your devices and they will start communicating on their own.

We’ll be in touch to advise you on next steps if it’s ever necessary. In the meantime, we’ll need you to submit us manual readings from your electric meter. A guide on this can be found here:

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.

The only problem with submiting readings is i can only read the day units night units do not appear so to send readings i hace to make up the readings so i add 200 on each month,i think the meter is faulty as my electric consumption seems to have gone up though the summer where normally it would go down

Hi @wilmshurstpeter,

I want to look into this issue with your meter further, so I have just sent you an email. Please could you look out for that and reply to me there so I can make sure your meter issues are looked into properly?

Hi
Emailed pictures and video to you but heard nothing back

Hi @wilmshurstpeter

I’m sorry for the delay on this one, I can confirm receipt of the videos and pictures you’ve sent. @GeorgieS_at_Bulb has been on holiday recently which is why responses have been slower, but we’ll get back to you soon :+1:

Hi, my IHD was working fine for a few hours but then stopped displaying gas readings. Usage is now appearing in the App, but still not the IHD. I have reset the IHD and filled in the online form a few times. Can you help?

Hi @davidscarling, welcome to Community!

I’ve just taken a look, and it seems like the HAN signal strength for your meter is poor. This is an indication of the signal strength between the comms hub (the box that sits on top of the electricity meter) and the In-Home Display.

Poor signal here may mean that the data on the IHD frequently drops out and these issues may not be fixed by simply running the Bulb Account IHD Fix:(https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/smart/ihd-issues). Is this what you have tried?

To increase the signal strength, you should make sure that the IHD is within 5 meters of the electricity meter and the area in between them is free of obstacles, such as thick walls, and leave it there for 48 hours after running the above fix.

Please let me know how this goes.

Great, I’ll try putting it closer for a couple of days and see what happens. Note - I can’t access that link, looks like an internal confluence page? Thnx

Hi @davidscarling, my apologies! I’ve updated the link, it should be this one here: https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/smart/ihd-issues. :smile:

Hi, that hasn’t worked unfortunately. Still only reporting electricity and no data for gas. What do we try next?

Hey @davidscarling sorry to hear that’s not worked

Please could you carry out a hard reset and then run the fix again? These are the two methods for a hard reset (if the usage data shows after either of these, there’s no need to re-run the fix)

Method 1

Hold the reset button for 15s. This gives the IHD a hard reset

Method 2

• Unplug the IHD and let it run completely out of power
  • Restart the IHD using the button at the back, making sure it is still unplugged
  • The emergency power reserve will need to drain also, so let this happen
  • Try to restart the IHD again. If it turns on, it still has power that needs to drain so let it run down
  • Once the IHD cannot turn on any more, recharge it and turn it on
  • The IHD should now work

Hi, I have done the hard reset and fix again. No change. Syncs the electricity reading straight away but no gas reading. What’s next?

For the sake of your sanity, throw it in the bin

@davidscarling It seems we’re having issues fixing your IHD by re-pairing it to your meter :slightly_frowning_face:. This is the only fix we currently have to fix this issue. We’ve investigated several different types of reported issue and have raised them all with the device manufacturers and hope to have another fix soon.

I’ve popped you an email regarding this.

Strange mine syncs the gas but not the electric

I urge everyone who has these smart meter issue to go and complain to Ombudmans, if nothing else you will get some compensation. More importantly, it will make Bulb get their finger out and sort these smart meters out - especially when it starts hurting their bottom line!

Please please do it now. Go straight to Ombudman.

1 Like

Echoing the issues above, I had a system reset which got the IHD working again but it stopped 2 weeks later. After 3 days of trying I got into a conversation on the bot but they couldn’t rectify and said they would email. 3 days on still no email. Still no working IHD. Customer service is falling short at the moment and other companies are looking more appealing.

Please Bulb, can you help, If I haven’t heard anything or had the issue rectified in the next week I think I will need to change provider.

Hi, mines the same I can submit gas meter readings on the app but the electricity one doesn’t know that the number sequence has changed. So had to send a photo no reply or bill as yet. I had a night rate to but the meter only shows 1 reading. The guy who installed the meters was rubbish on the phone every 2 minutes asking for advice on how to install. The ihd still doesn’t work and is the closest I can get to the meters. Really wish I hadn’t bothered

Hi @storerwright - firstly welcome to Bulb community :wave: I’ve just sent you an email about this so I can look into this for you.

Lou :stars: