Smart meter not working properly

My smart meter is still not working properly after 6 weeks. It shows up my gas reading fine as far as I can see but the electricity is still not working properly plus my credit is rocketing. Have been told on two occasions that I am in the cue to be sorted. Wish I’d not bothered with the smart meter it was supposed to make thing easier and clearer but now I really don’t know how much I owe. Come on bulb your better than this

My smart meter is still not working properly after 6 weeks. It shows up my gas reading fine as far as I can see but the electricity is still not working properly plus my credit is rocketing. Have been told on two occasions that I am in the cue to be sorted. Wish I'd not bothered with the smart meter it was supposed to make thing easier and clearer but now I really don't know how much I owe. Come on bulb your better than this

Hi there, firstly i must apologise for the issue with your smart meters. Please see this blog post on the issues with the smart meters https://bulb.co.uk/blog/an-update-on-our-smart-installations

If you need to discuss issues further please call us on 0300 30 30 635

Many thanks