Smart meter not working, what's the point

Despite trying to get this sorted previously my smart meter isn’t sending the electric usage to wherever it needs to so my bills are constantly estimates, the whole point was so I didn’t need to take meter readings and i could monitor usage but that seems to be beyond Bulbs capabilities to fix.
Can somebody sort this out or shall I take my business elsewhere?

Hi @sue.hod

I’ve taken a look into it and can see your electric meter lost connection to the communications hub which sits on top of the meter. When this happens, we lose connection to the meter too and can no longer take reads remotely.

To fix this we requested a reboot of the communications hub from the DCC, who operate the smart network.

The smart network operators successfully rebooted your metering set up, but it looks like we’re still having some trouble talking to your meters.

There are a few types of connectivity issues that reboots can’t fix yet. The network operators and meter manufacturers are working on solutions to these right now and will be rolling out fixes as soon as they’re ready. There’s nothing you need to do to get the fix, it will automatically be sent out do your devices and they will start communicating on their own.

We’ll be in touch to advise you on next steps if it’s ever necessary. I appreciate the frustration entirely and that you may want to switch, but I should advise that switching suppliers won’t help with this particular issue. It’s an industry-wide one which we’re relying on the DCC and meter manufacturers to develop a fix for.

Sorry I can’t help more right now.

-CJ

My Bulb account is set to take meter readings every 30mins yet bills for the last few months are showing as estimates I have solar panels and cant see how this is reducing my usage when meter readings are estimates, I’ve never been convinced the Smart meter is working in my benefit allowing my free solar panel generation reducing usage

Hi @simonagingell

I’ve moved your thread here as my previous response explains the issue your meters are having.

They’ve lost connection to the communications hub, but we’ve not tried rebooting yours yet.

I’ve requested this for you now, but it can take 4-6 weeks for the reboot to be done by the DCC. Keep an eye on your account in that time but we should start getting reads through again :crossed_fingers:

In the meantime if you could submit us some reads from the meters themselves that’d be great. I’ve attached a guide here on how to read our smart meters.

-CJ